- Conference presentation on the E-miles employability voucher research at Inscope annual conference 2012. 23 november, Rotterdam, The Netherlands.
- Column (in Dutch) about the importance of training and
of stimulating training in Arbeidmarktmonitor Metalektro. Click here to read.
- Short article about the
research into the E-miles employability voucher in UM's Talkin'Business online magazine. Click here to read.
- Article forthcoming: `Active labor market policy by a
profit maximizing firm' with Joan Muysken and Riccardo Welters is forthcoming in British Journal of Industrial
- Video-interview: At
the opening of the academic year a short video-interview about the
research into the E-miles employability voucher was filmed. Click
here to view.
- Invited lecture at Opening of Academic Year
3 September 2012 I presented the E-miles
voucher scheme and its effects at the opening of the academic
year at Maastricht University. This research is an example of
of the UMīs three main research themes: `Learning and Innovation'. Click
here to watch the video of this presentation.
- New job: Starting 1 September 2012, I will become
project manager / researcher at The Research Centre for Education and
the Labour Market (ROA),
Maastricht University School of Business and
- Video-interview: Linked to my Ph.D. defense, a video-interview
with me about my research has been placed on the UM webmagazine: click
here to view
- Ph.D. Defense: 10 May 2012 I successfully defended my Ph.D.
Thesis “Unemployment and Employability: how firms can help”.
- Conference presentation: From 20-21 June I participated in the IWAEE
(International Workshop on Applied Economics of Education) in
Catanzaro, Italy. I presented my paper on firm sponsored training for
low skilled workers.
- Article in trade paper: In their June 2011 issue, the
Dutch trade paper for works councils `OR-informatie'
published an article about my research into firm sponsored vocational
training for low skilled workers. Click here to read the article.
- Newspaper article: March 25th 2011 Dutch newspaper Trouw published an article about
my research into firm sponsored vocational training for low skilled
to read the article.
- Presenting a seminar: March 24th 2011 I will present my paper on
'Firm sponsored vocational training for low skilled workers' at the
lunch seminar of the Amsterdam Institute for Advanced Labour Studies (AIAS).
- Accepted for conference: My paper on 'Firm sponsored vocational
training for low skilled workers' is accepted for poster presentation
at the conference of the European Association of Labour Economists (EALE), to be
held from 22-24 September 2011 on Cyprus.
- Presenting a seminar: On December 7th 2010 I gave two invited
seminars at the conference on lifelong learning (`Leven Lang Leren Loont') in Eindhoven, The Netherlands. I talked about
the effects of a firm sponsored vocational training program for low
- Working paper available: August 2010: A new working paper is available
titled `Active labor market policy by a profit maximizing firm': see
the publications section of this website.
- Conference presentation: From 9-12 June 2010 I participated in the ESPE
(European Society for Population Economics) conference in Essen,
Germany. I presented the current version of the paper on a pure private
- Conference presentation: April 23 2010 I presented at NAKE (Dutch
network of general and quantitative economists) day in Utrecht.
- Conference presentation: The first week of December 2009 I presented my
current working paper at two refereed conferences in Australia. The
National Unemployment Conference at the Centre of Full Employment and
Equity (CofFEE) in
Newcastle and the Society of Heterodox Economists (SHE) conference in
- Visiting position: 27 October 2009 - 4 December 2009 I visited at
James Cook University, Townsville, Australia.
- Conference presentation: May 2009 I attended the Society of Labor
Economists (SOLE) conference in Boston, USA. There I presented a poster
on private sector unemployment initiatives.